Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Workbench error

• pcaicedo
      Subscriber

Hi all,

I have been working in a .wbpj file for several months, and today I can't open it. It has connected several geometries, meshes, and simulations. I would like to know how can I solve that please.

I know that I can create another .wbpj, but I could import separately which means that if i want to modify my mesh, I should start again from importing the geometry.

The error is the following

Thanks,

Paul

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Hi Paul,

Can you try what is suggestedhere? It might help in your case.

Regards,

Sandeep

• pcaicedo
      Subscriber

Hi Sandeep,

I changed the folder v191 by v191.old, then reopen again Workbench and didn't work.

Thanks,

Paul

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Paul,

This looks like a corrupted project file.

Can you create a new project save, and open that? if so, then its the project.

Regards,
      Sandeep

• pcaicedo
      Subscriber

Yes Sandeep,

I can create a new .wbpj file, save it, and open it. Could it have a solution and how could avoid this problem in the future (not having corrupted project files)?

Thanks,

Paul

• Gary Stofan
      Ansys Employee

Hi Paul

Workbench is really a file management system.

A common cause of corrupted projects is when you attempt to edit it's files or folders while workbench is in the process of updating or saving.

Also, general disk issues such as a full disk, or slow network drive or cloud drive.

I usually like to save locally, then copy a project archive to an alternate location (network, cloud, etc)

We should be able to recover most all the objects you had on the schematic.

Example: For Mechanical databases...

In your project folder, there should be a SYS.mechdb file for each Analysis object that was on the schematic.

- Make a copy of SYS.mechdb to another folder,

Rename the copy to SYS.mechdat

Create a new Project.

From Windows Explorer, multi-select and drag the .mechdat files into the Schematic

Recovering Geometry and Mesh are similar procedure, difference being the file extensions.

• pcaicedo
      Subscriber

你好加里,

Thanks, I have all the files, is there any way that the geometry and mesh can be connected again? Now, I can import to a new .wbpj each file independently, so if I need to remesh my model, I need to change the geometry and start meshing from scratch.

Regards,

Paul

• Sandeep Medikonda
      Ansys Employee

Paul,

Please see if这篇文章helps.

Regards,

Sandeep

• pcaicedo
      Subscriber

Thanks Sandeep,

Fluent doesn't create any .mechdb file in the directory of the simulations.

• Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello
      What type of analysis are you running? Do you have a mesh file or you only have the geometry file? Did you attempt to run fluent as a stand-alone session? I am not sure if this thought is helpful, however I just wanted to put it out there.

Thanks.

Best Karthik
    • pcaicedo
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am running CFD in Fluent. I have started with the geometry in SpaceClaim, then using Ansys meshing to create the grid, and then Fluent for the setup. When I import to another Workbench file, the geometry and mesh cannot be connected again. I can get the cas file from Fluent, but can't modify the mesh anymore.

Thanks,

Paul

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello,

When you say 'import to another Workbench file', are you importing the geometry and mesh files in a new workbench project and are trying to connect them together?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

• pcaicedo
      Subscriber

Hello,

Yes, I tried to connect them together, but can't do. If I import the geometry, then I can't connect the previous mesh, so I need to create the mesh from scratch.

Thanks,

Paul

• Hima uty
        Subscriber

Re-creating the grid from scratch really takes time

waffle game

• Danial Berk
        Subscriber

Hmm, I was facing the same issue, but I did not have to create the mesh from scratch.1212 angel number

• skdubey
      Subscriber

Hello,

Yes, I tried to connect them together, but can't do. If I import the geometry, then I can't connect the previous mesh, so I need to create the mesh from scratch.

Thanks,

Paul

Hi paul, I just rename my file to new one and my workbench stoped working it show the error "If the project file has been renamed, you should also renamed the project files directory at the same location". I m not sure , How can I retract my old file, month of work is been held. Hope if you know anything to fix problem please share

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.